Wednesday, July 22, 2015

While in Ohio I visited the Dairy Barn

On our way home my loving husband took me by the Dairy Barn in Athens Ohio.
This houses an art quilt exhibit of great prestige, Quilt National. It's one of my goals to be accepted into the exhibit one day.
There are a series of videos available but photography is not allowed... click here for one video
I might look a little car weary here, but happy.
I don't often bother to brush my fine limp hair so this is what you get. As a comedian once said, what's so great about parallel hair anyway?

Look at the cute little wooden cow.

You know I love a cow...or four...






Looking at the artwork, full of texture, meaning, unusual materials I felt inspired.
I can do this.
I am original and inventive. I have skills.

but it was also intimidating. I think trouble follows anytime you compare yourself or your work to others. It's a natural thing to do but not very productive. We must all do out own thing then share it with the world in some way.


I am enjoying sharing it with you here!
"Reflecting" on my visit... pun intended....I am glad I went and saw some of the cream of art quilting. I wish I could have seen it with all of you.

 DH and darling poodle waited patiently for me in front of the herb garden, poodle listening to my husband practicing his guitar...
I was all jazzed, they were all peaceful, but none of us were looking forward to the long ride home

7 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like so much fun... I love those cows too! Moooooooo!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
You'll get one of your quilts in there! That's for sure!
Quilts, guitar misic, green, all makes for one fine day!
Take care,
Joanne

Kathy said...

If the peacefulness of Ohio was nice, you should come up here to Michigan! Just a couple hours north of where you were and we have live in a delightfully quiet place. And then we could get in trouble together...

Ruth said...

Really like the cow with the sky for a head! Glad you all enjoyed the visit!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

cool cows...great pics...always good to get away and explore new places. Thanks for sharing with us.

magistra said...

COWS! Creative cows! Moosers! Yay 🐄 !

gayle said...

Cows! Love the cows... (But love yours more!)
I try to think of it as recharging my batteries, rather than letting myself feel intimidated. Look what wonderful things are in the world!